Monday, July 16, 2007

Pokerstars $50,000 Weekly Supernova+ Freeroll







Well, its saturday morning again. I had to run errands for my father in his business at 8a so I woke up very early. I have been working as an intern @ Verbal World from 8a-5p which means I have been waking up myself at 6a since I had to drive from Aurora to Denver. My sleeping pattern had been changed and I was very tired during the saturday afternoon but decide dot play some poker since I haven't played all week long.

I played $109R, $20NL, $3R, $20,000 FREE roll and $50,000 FREE roll. I cashed in $20NL and $3R but not significant amount :). However, I played very good poker on $50,000 tournament and managed to make 2nd appearance to the final table. A Pokerstars commentator joined the table, congraturating players. I responded back to him by thanking him for hosting a such a great party in moon club at Palms where the drinks and foods were free and all WSOP champions showed up. I had a such a great time at the party, meeting and talking to players like Greg Raymer, Joseph Hachem, Daniel Neagureanu, Chris Moneymaker, Umberto Brenes and more!! I was fortunate enough to get their autographs on the T-shirts I bought and took pictures with them. I also received advices from the world poker champions on how to play WSOP main event!

One critical hand I would like to share is, I had about x5 BB in UTG+2 and dealt KK. The blinds were big relative to the player's remaining chips so I figured if I raise here, I wouldn't get much actions. I decided to limp and everyone else folded except small blind and big blind. The flop was Q 8 2 and small blind immediately bet 1/2 of the pot. I decided to push and got called. He had Q and managed to double myself there which was enough to maintain myself down to final5. People requested to have a deal and I accepted it 1st prize was $10,500 and 5th prize was somewhere $2,500. I was 5th during that point and accepted the deal which leaves me around $4,500 . We all accepted the deal and I ended up finishing 1st at the end :)


No comments: