Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pokerstars Supernova Party at Moon Club, Palms










This party was open to members of Team PokerStars and PokerStars VIP Club Supernovas. I've attended various parties (not only including poker company sponsored ones) and this had to be one of the best I've seen. From ice sculptures to signature drinks to a plane circling overhead welcoming PokerStars players, this event was one no Supernova should've missed.

I actually was planning on going to the hellicoper tour package that Pokerstars offered to the players. They not only offered the hellicopter tour and parties but other events such as free entrace to the prestigious shows in the Las Vegas for free! The staffs were really nice although I forgot to bring my registeration ticket before I go to the office. They still did the job for me and offered me a paper to sign. Thank you again Pokerstars!






I first met Umberto Brenes, sitting in a big sofa. I introduced myself and we chatted for a while. Little later, he decided to introduce me to the players on the other table where Greg Raymer, Chris Moneymaker, Joe Hachem, and Daniel Neaguraneu. Joe asked me whether I have a hundred dollar bill or not, I had a lot of cash on my pocket from winning consistently for past few days at $2/5 no limit @ Wynn. I agreed to play and gave him the bill. He then announced the intructions of his game. The rule is simply to read the series of digits on the bill and whoever has the lowest wins it all. After a few minutes, players started shouting their numbers, "40", "35", "29", I had "26" so I shouted out but Moneymaker had "23" so he won the game. I gave him the money and decided to chat with Joe for a while. We had been talking and talking. The 2006 WPT champion guy (Sorry, I forgot his name) handed cash got corrected from everyone ~$800 and said "YOU WIN!". I was like wtf? and responded back to him "No, Chris had 23 so he wins it all". Without further explanation he kept handing me the money and everyone nodes their head. I declined it first but eventually accepted and thanked everyone.





Later than, I started drinking a lot of different shots, cocktails, and even champaign - for free! I got immediately drunk and was wandering around to take picture with champions and received a lot of autographs - Thanks!. Everyone there was really nice and warm, especially Greg Raymer and Daniel Neugraneu. They were very friendly and caring. Greg Raymer now is trying to run a champain to elect himself as a 2008 vice president of the United States - GOOD LUCK!. Funny thing is there were some hot chicks kept attempting to run over Daniel, literally every 30 minutes lol!

For more pictures, either visit my Cyworld or visit Pokerstars Blog (My picture is there too!)

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2007/07/2007-world-series-supernova-party.html

http://www.cyworld.co.kr/dlawogus844

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

British isn't my main language, but I can comprehend it utilizing the google translator. Remarkable content, you can keep them coming! Warm regards!

Anonymous said...

A nice affiliate website of bwin. Offers many trustworthy links and options.. http://bwin.mu