Thursday, January 11, 2007

Big... I mean Big Swing..


As usual, I opened my 12 $1/2 200NL tables and started playing approximately at 10p. Check out these hands. I lost about 200BB within 10 minutes, which is the biggest NL table swing I experienced ever. First hand was I got dealt 77 and flop was J7J. I pushed and guy with AA and AJ both called Turn was Q, River was Q. Second hand was I got dealt J8 and flopped 2 pair, the guy with J9 on Js8s3h made it 2 bet, i made 3 bets and lost to his runner runner flush. I happen to give almost 200BB to same fish within 10 minutes. Someone also cracked my AA with J8o on
JJ6 board lol.

After losing those 3 big pots within 10 minutes in multi tables, I got frustrated. I had pending bonus of $1500 almost complete and I was seriously wondering what the hell is going on here. I played super aggressive after this beats and won about 150 BBs back but was still down about 50BB at the end of the session but I guess its okay :). I realized handling big swing is also another challenging aspect for a succeessful NL holdem player especially if its due to bad beats from runner runner cards.

No comments: